Friday, September 5, 2008

Dancing with our fathers.

Steven Curtis Chapman : Cinderella

She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sittin' here wearin' the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says "Dad, the prom is just one week away,
And I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
She will be gone.

Well, she came home today
With a ring on her hand
Just glowin' and tellin' us all they had planned
She says "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
but I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
(even one song)
Cuz all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

This is currently my favorite song, and Yes Yes Winnie. See, according to Winnie (I decided to change her nickname to something more professional) I have ALOT of favorite songs. Which of course differs from the real meaning of FAVORITE. Anyway, as I was saying, this is CURRENTLY my favorite song. I simply love this song, listening to it makes me feel sad. And please, I'm not a sadist ok. Well, let me explain.

You see, this song was written by a man name Steven Curtis Chapman, who is actually a famous singer for gospel songs. It seems that he wrote this song addressing to his 2 adopted little girls from China, thinking about how time passes so quickly and how he gets to spend less and less time with his girls. Early this year, his youngest adopted daughter was knocked down by his biological son. PLEASE PEOPLE, it's not because he was jealous of their relationship and felt left out.. She's only 5 years old OK. The boy was reversing into the driveway when he drove over her, she passed instantly.

It's damn blardy sad ok.. She's so blardy cute. Here's a picture of her. Her name is Maria Sue Chapman. Chinese girls are so adorable.. awwwww..


Maria Sue! GO CHINA!

So anyway, this afternoon (5/9/08) Val, Mich and I were in the car on our way back after lunch at Ikano. And suddenly Mich gets a phone call from her dad, and from one side of the phone line.. here's how the conversation went..

Mich: What? Why Cannot?

Mich's Dad
: (we couldn't hear, she wasn't on loud speaker)

Mich: I don't care, I will tell her.

Mich's Dad: (still can't hear)

Mich: Why? Why? I will tell her. I don't care.

Mich's Dad: (again...)

Mich: Yerr Daddy!! You so bad!

It was then when I notice something and had to turn to val and ask.

"Val, can you ever be like that to Uncle Chan? (her dad. else it would be weird being LIKE THAT to some stranger) Cos I don't think I can have that kind of relationship with my dad. It's just weird"- Said Me.

Val agreed with me. Our dads are the same, and I shall not go further than that statement. Sorry, it's a close family secret. HAHA! So I guess it's good to have someone who would understand how you feel when it comes to dad. Sometimes when I watch those Guai Lo movies, when they have weddings or whatever functions, even Sweet 16s. To those Guai Lo daughters, it is very important to them to have their first dance with their father. And I was just wondering , I can't dance for NUTS. And I highly doubt my dad can too. We're Chinese man. The only dancing is Lion Dancing or the Cha Cha Cha. Besides, it would be really weird having to dance with my dad. But, most of the time, I do wish I get to experience that special relationship they have with their dads.

Growing up with 3 other brothers, sometimes I forget the Basics of being a girl. And as I grow older, there are things in the world for a girl that I experience, things that my brothers just wouldn't understand. The only person I have in the world is my Mum, and I wouldn't trade her for anyone else in the world. But sometimes I do wish I had a sister, I often envy my friends like mich,val,winnie or steph, everytime they mention their sisters. I wish I could experience the feeling of having someone that you can share completely everything with, a sister that you can hold hands with when you go shopping. Or someone to share your clothes with.

OKOK, enough. No Emo Allow! I guess I'll stop now, sorry I can't think of an ending. I guess this will do. Will be going to Melaka tmrw with my good friend Crystal and her BF I-Ish, I will try my best to update whenever I can. Since I'm back by POPULAR DEMAND. (Michelle demand, HAHA!) She misses my blogging.

Who Else?
Kat Lah.

No comments: