What is a Moloch?
(A) An Australian Animal
(B) A Korean Food
(C) A German Vehicle
(D) A place in France
Did you know that a Moloch is also called 'Thorny Devil' - which is an Australian Lizard. How cool is that? See, we learn something new. At first I read 'Horny Devil' and I kept laughing and shouting
moloch
moloch
moloch
... until I suddenly stopped and realise that calling 'it' 3 times might be a tribal ting'a'ma'git to actually summon something paranormal. Then my face went blank and I went completely silent for about a min...
@_@
Then Richard had to ruin my 'lost in space' mode by asking me 'What is Moloch LA', he uses 'LA' very frequent now - thou it really sounds weird with an African accent. Imagine this
"!XOBILE"
"Please do not yell in the Casino, LA"
BTW, Graduation wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. The wind was blowing very strongly and the weather was just being a bitch. So we couldn't really take any pictures, cause everytime I stand outside - my cap flies away.
OH! and it was HORRIBLE actually. I was so nervous, hoping that I wouldn't fall down or embarrass myself - so I was rehearsing on what I should do. I kept telling myself this...
Shake his hands, Take the scroll, and Walk down.
And I kept repeating that in my head.. until... Something just HAD to go against what I rehears la! Here's what happened: I went up, shook the old man's hand - said 'Thank You' while he said 'Congratulations'.. well technically the next step was to take the scroll.. but NOOOO.. SOMEBODY wanted to say more than just 'CONGRATULATIONS'. I remember just thinking to myself 'SHIT, I DIDN'T PLAN FOR THIS'. So while he keeps asking me questions, I kept trying to walk away!! It was like this:
Old Man: What are your plans after studies?
Me: WORK [I actually raised my voice because I was nervous]
Old Man: Have you gotten a job?
Me: NO!! [In a voice that's like saying 'what do you think?']
*walks off to take my scroll*
IT WAS HORRIBLE! Now the chancellor is gonna think I'm like some kind of rude Chinese girl. Imagine all the other Chinese people, he wont want to talk to them anymore - and it's all my fault!! T_T
oh and you can watch the video at herts.ac.uk/ceremonies - you'll have to download RealPlayer thou. What I do is I open RealPlayer and just search for the link there instead. My ceremony is the Wednesday [Afternoon], you can just forward to 31mins of the video - cause besides watching me, the rest are really quite insignificant to you. hehe.
OK, it's sleep time @2am.
Who Else?
Kat Lah.

1 comment:
Hahahahahaha ... woman this post is damn funny!! I liked the "horny devil" part ... haha!! And tell Richard it's no funny for someone with a strong accent to say "lah". My cousins did it to me last time too and it was hilarious!! For a while ... after that I just didn't understand why they found it so funny. LOL!
And woman! Calm down yo! Hahaha ... you actually practiced to take your scroll!!
Oh, and congrats!! I'm so happy for you!! Come back soon, kay? Just a short trip or something :)
Post a Comment